According to reports, up to 90 minutes of previously unseen video from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s chat with Oprah Winfrey might air on ITV.
Winfrey said that her interview was originally 3 hours and 20 minutes long, but was cut down to 85 minutes when it was eventually shown worldwide.
The tell-all interview, which drew 12.4 million viewers in the UK when it was broadcast, made a series of scathing disclosures about the Royal Family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed details of their private life and the severe scrutiny they endured following their wedding in 2018. Meghan openly shared her mental health issues, as well as the contrasts in news treatment between her and her sister-in-law, Kate Middleton. They also alleged that a family member, who has not been identified, made racial remarks about their kid, Archie Harrison, amid “concerns about how dark he would be.”
Prince Harry stated that he felt “let down” by Prince Charles because he yearned for the public backing of his family, especially during a period when his wife was being scrutinized by British tabloids.
The interview occurred just weeks after the Sussexes announced that they will not be returning to the Royal Family as working royals.
While a few more bits were shown on “CBS This Morning,” there are still at least 90 minutes of the interview that have never been seen or heard, which has alarmed royal aides, according to the Sunday People.
“There is a lot of interest in showing the interview in full.
“The original programme was the biggest show of the year so far in the UK and was bought by firms around the world. Showing more of it would be a guaranteed ratings winner.
“Oprah’s production company know they’re sitting on a goldmine so it’s possible a deal could be done,” the publication stated.
The show, dubbed Oprah With Meghan and Harry, is thought to have cost the network more than £1 million.
The Royal Family has responded to Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview. ‘The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan,’ said Buckingham Palace in a statement.
‘The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.
‘Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members,’ it concluded.
Since the interview aired, a lot of celebrities have come out in favor of the couple.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have also talked to Oprah’s closest friend, “CBS This Morning” co-host Gayle King, who described their “unproductive” private conversations with Harry’s father and brother, as well as their continued complaints over their Megxit.
“The fallout from the interview is far from over and it feels like Harry and Meghan still have more to say publicly,” the Sunday People’s source said.
“There’s certainly an appetite from TV execs to help them do it,” the insider told the paper.
After showing the dramatic moments, ITV received 4,398 Ofcom complaints.
We’ll have to wait and see whether previously unseen video from the Sussexes’ Oprah interview is shown in the future.