Meghan Markle’s estranged father said he gave the royal a present for her birthday but has yet to receive acknowledgment.
Meghan has not reacted to Thomas Markle’s flowers, according to TMZ.
The Duchess of Sussex received a $287 (about £200) bouquet of red roses from Thomas Markle on Wednesday, as exclusively revealed by The Sun.
The 77-year-old Emmy Award-winning lighting director has a strained relationship with the Duchess of Sussex, who celebrated her 40th birthday on Wednesday.
According to the report, the claimed present “doesn’t seem to be thawing their icy relationship.”
The report continued: “We’re told the bouquet featured a dozen red roses with two yellow roses in the middle, signifying Meghan and Prince Harry’s two children.”
The report added: “Thomas says he specifically wanted to incorporate his grandchildren, Archie and Lilibet, in Meghan’s birthday flower arrangement … telling us he wants to be a part of their lives because it seems to him the kids don’t have enough family around them in Montecito.”
According to reports, the flowers were also accompanied with a personalized card.
It read: “Happy Birthday to my bean with much love and a brighter future. Dad.”
Thomas stated that he did not receive a comment from the duchess regarding the present, but that “that’s fine” and that he “just hoping she likes the flowers.”
The Sun acquired exclusive photos of a white vehicle carrying the flowers to Meghan and Harry’s house.
This comes as Thomas Markle alleges Meghan has been ignoring him for years and has stopped him from seeing his grandkids.
Thomas is allegedly threatening to sue the couple in order to get access to his grandkids.
Thomas told Fox News: “We shouldn’t be punishing Lili for Meghan and Harry’s bad behaviour.
“Archie and Lili are small children. They’re not politics. They’re not pawns.
“They’re not part of the game. And they’re also royal and entitled to the same rights as any other royal.
He added “I will be petitioning the California courts for the rights to see my grandchildren in the very near future.”
He also blasted Prince Harry’s plan to publish an autobiography next year, saying, “Harry doesn’t have too much more to tell. After three sessions with the psychiatrists and Oprah Winfrey, I don’t know what more is there to tell.”
Meanwhile, an unidentified insider told Us Weekly that Markle planned a low-key birthday party at home with Prince Harry and their two children on Wednesday. The duchess did not want “a blowout 40th,” according to the source, because she “feels it would be wrong to organize a big birthday bash in the midst of a pandemic.”
Meghan Markle started a “40×40” initiative with a video that featured Hollywood actress Melissa McCarthy and Prince Harry juggling in the background.
She pondered: “With my 40th lap around the sun in mind, it made me wonder: what would happen if we all committed 40 minutes to helping someone else or to mentoring someone in need?
“And then what would happen if we asked our friends to do the same?”
She continued: “It’s my 40th birthday and I’ve got an idea.
“I’m asking 40 friends to donate 40 minutes of their time to help a woman who is mobilising back into the work force.
“If we all do it, we will create some kind of ripple effect.”
Prince Harry and Meghan famously left the UK last year to start a new life in the United States, claiming that they wanted a more private life away from the spotlight. Since then, they have generated millions of pounds in deals with streaming giants Netflix, Apple, and Spotify to create content in which they speak in great detail about their private lives.